Monday, December 7, 2009

Feeling Nostalgic



When I look back at the Christmases of my childhood, I find that I hardly remember any of the presents that I got. There are a few that stand out, but I sometimes wonder if I recall them just because there are pictures of me with them. I find that the main thing I remember about past Christmases is being with my family. I remember doing big jigsaw puzzles and playing games together. I remember listening to Christmas music and admiring the lights on the tree. As cliche as it sounds, the simple things really were the most important.

It is my wish this Christmas, that when my children grow up they will remember and treasure these same things.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Me too!! And did you know that I have the pattern to make that skunk that you are holding?? It makes a few different animals of different sizes. You could TRULY make a nostalgic Christmas!

Jodi said...

Well said...I couldn't agree more!

Sending you wishes of a wonderful Christmas season filled with lots and lots of fun memories with your family :)