Friday, July 3, 2009

Objets d'art


This week while my niece and nephew were here we tried to keep busy, and did a couple of art projects. Making yarn bowls was by far my favorite, even though clean up was kind of a pain. To make a yarn bowl you simply blow up a balloon and put it in a bowl or something to steady it. Then you have to get a little dirty.

You soak cut pieces of yarn in white glue, remove the excess glue, and place them on the balloon. The great thing is, it doesn't really make a difference where you put them.


Pulling out the glue soaked yarn without getting it tangled or making a huge mess is a big challenge.


Did I mention that this is a REALLY messy and sticky project?


The finished products. After letting them dry overnight the yarn should be stiff and hold it's form. Then you just have to pop the balloon and pull it out.

Rowan thought his would make a good hat. Grayson was disappointed that he hadn't used enough yarn for his to keep a good form, so he didn't want to be in the picture.

2 comments:

Shannon b said...

cool project!

Tiffiny said...

Great project, but I think I'll skip the mess my kids would make and just admire your kids' handy work!