Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Oregon Zoo


A while back we attended Paul's company picnic at the zoo. Over the years I've probably been to this zoo at least 100 times, so I must say it's lost a great deal of it's charm for me. ( Especially since some of the animals there seem to be getting increasingly neurotic.)The boys were pretty excited to go though. They all like animals, but Grayson is the true lover. I think he could go there every day and never get tired of looking at the animals. They also like the free burgers and ice cream that's Paul's company provides.




One thing I did really enjoy seeing was the baby elephant. It was so interesting to watch how the three adults stood sentry around it. Every time the baby moved the adult elephants adjusted themselves so that they had it pretty well surrounded.



The lorikeets were the other big hit of the day. We had a great time feeding them, and happily no one got pooped on (which has happened to us in the past.)

I'm thankful to Paul's company for providing us with this day of family fun!

1 comment:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I love the zoo! That is still on my list of things to do this summer. I should ask Mark about having our company picnic there. Hee hee. I am so funny at 10:45pm. Looks like you guys had a great time!