Friday, February 19, 2010

Let there be light!

After living with a dark,cave like living room for five years, we finally did something about it. Having a skilled electrician on hand sure helped.

And his trusty Jr. apprentice was a big help. Being an apprentice can be hard work. I had to be Paul's apprentice on this job when Grayson was at school, and I didn't like it one little bit. Who knew electricians could be so bossy?

When he started drilling out the big holes in the living room ceiling I had a momentary panic. There was no going back after that.

I learned two things on this job. Can lights take big holes. And sheet rock dust goes everywhere.

I think Grayson will make a good electrician. He likes being on a ladder and thinks tools are cool.

For awhile the living room looked kind of interesting.

But it was SO worth it! The lights have made a huge difference, and Paul did an awesome job.

4 comments:

Marie said...

It looks great. I love home improvement projects! (I'm looking forward to finishing our last one and finish painting the outside house trim on the north side and back!)

LeLloyd said...

Great job Paul. And now your whole family can appreciate it.

Tiffini said...

I don't understand why builders don't put lights in from the start. You are lucky to have an electrician...a project like that would never happen in my house.

sheila said...

So, I didn't realize that you just had your done! I am loving ours, also. We have lived here for about four and a half years and had been in the dark the entire time! It is so nice to have it be light in the house when it's dark outside!