Saturday, February 6, 2010

A little Valentine craft

When it comes to holiday decorating, Valentines Day usually comes up short. So I decided it was time to make the house look a little more love filled this month. I found a cute felt heart garland on a crafty blog (unfortunately I can't remember which one) and decided I needed to make it. For a couple dollars worth of felt and a few hours of my time, the house looks so much more festive.

You start with assorted colors of craft felt.


Cut your felt into about 100 hearts. I made a variety of sizes and wasn't too particular about having a uniform shape.


Then randomly feed the hearts through your sewing machine until your garland is as long as you want it to be.


Then drape it across your mantle,


or a door way.

Then stand back and feel the love!

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

I love it! so so cute! I've seen similar garlands online and always thought I should give it a try . . . someday. I love the multi-colors you chose.

Candy said...

CUTE! I am excited to make the ones we are making in relief society this week. Happy Valentines:)

Paige said...

Very cute!! How long did it take you to cut out all those hearts?????

Anonymous said...

look at you sharing the love!!! super cute :)