Tuesday, October 19, 2010

42 at 42

1- I am old. Really old. When I was younger and dreamed about my life I never thought this far ahead.
2- I had a REALLY great childhood.
3- I married well, in all of the ways that really matter.
4- Chuck Taylor's have been my favorite shoe since high school. I have worn them ever since, and currently have 4 pairs.
5- I hate mushrooms, eggplant and brussel sprouts.
6- I'm afraid of driving over bridges.
7- I love Perry Mason. Have since grade school.
8- I get sad every Spring when Easter dresses appear in the stores.
9- I never learned how to whistle.
10- Or blow a bubble gum bubble.
11- I'm afraid of flying, and haven't flown since before 9/11.
12- My all time favorite book is "Eight Cousins" by Lousia May Alcott. When I was younger I used to dream that I was Rose.
13- I was engaged to someone else before I met Paul.
14- I got a BA in English just so I'd have an excuse to read a lot of books.
15- I learned to drive when I was 12. My Grandpa gave me the keys to an old truck on their farm and told me not to hit any animals or fences.
16- I like mowing the lawn.
17- I have lots of trouble sleeping.
18- When I was younger I really wanted to be a lawyer. (Too much LA Law)
19- I think Annie Lenox is amazing.
20- I love swimming laps. When I was in high school I swam every morning before school.
21- I don't know how to drive a stick shift. (Which is just one of many reasons that Paul would never pick me to be his partner on the Amazing Race.)
22- I'm a SERIOUS tooth grinder. I grind my way right through the night guards I get from the dentist.
23- I love to knit and sew.
24- I'm a recovering CNN addict.
25- I get BAD migraines.
26- I'm determined to one day make a "perfect" loaf of bread.
27- I prefer weather under 80 degrees.
28- I don't like going more than a few days without talking to my parents.
29- The best concert I ever saw was Oingo Boingo. The The and The WHO tie for second.
30- When I was teaching I once had 2 of my students make the front page of The Oregonian for crimes they had committed.
31- Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. No pressure, no gifts, just food and family.
32- I quit reading the paper and watching the news over a year ago, and find I'm much happier for having done so. I guess ignorance really IS bliss.
33- When I was a teenager I wanted to be Molly Ringwald.
34- I never really enjoyed being pregnant. Probably because I was sick all 9 months, every time.
35- I love the smell of bacon.
36- I'm a terrible singer. Painfully terrible.
37- Moe is my favorite stooge.
38- If I could live anywhere in the world I'd pick Portland.
39- I love looking up words in the dictionary.
40- I went to graduate school on a full scholarship.
41- I love my kids like crazy!
42- I'm a homebody. I'd rather stay home than go out any day.

6 comments:

Paige said...

I love all 42 things about you! And I learned several new things, too! Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

Dear Pea- WHo are you?

Shannon b said...

Happy birthday! That is a great list! I learned a lot of new things about you.

Warmbeachjo said...

Eight Cousins is my favorite too. I am currently rereading Little Women.

Jodi said...

Happy Happy belated birthday, Michelle! Fun list!

Nicole said...

Happy belated birthday Michelle! I too grind my teeth very bad. And I just can't understand why people hate mushrooms so much? They are one of my favorites, but Spencer hates them too. Is it where they're grown??