Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Latest Craze


There's a new craze in our town- SILLY BANDZ!
As usual I'm the last to know about it. In fact Rowan's school had placed on ban on wearing these to school before I even knew they existed. In case you haven't seen them, they're basically cheap little plastic bracelets shaped like all kinds of different things, like animals,dinosaurs, etc. The kids like to trade them with their friends and compare who has the most, or the most different shapes.What I find funny about this fad is it's range of appeal. I have seen preschoolers on up to high school students sporting these.

Grayson initially said they were stupid, but now he wears about 20 of them everyday. I will be interested to see how long these remain popular. I'm tempted to buy some for Christmas presents, but I have a feeling they will have moved on to something new by then.

I wish I could remember the cool fads and crazes of my childhood, but somehow wide leg jeans and the rubik's cube are the only ones that come to mind.

4 comments:

Paige said...

These have been popular on the east coast for a year. I kept asking Jillise if she had heard of them. NOTHING. Now all of a sudden they are everywhere. Good to know they are banned at Joelle's school. I guess I would know that if I read the newsletter...

Shannon b said...

our kids got some of these from their grandma a few months ago. They thought they were cool for a week, but soon forgot about them.
Grayson showed me his collection yesterday. He seemed very proud. :)

Jodi said...

I remember feathered hair, scratch -n- sniff stickers and swatch watches...they were "totally awesome" :)

Warmbeachjo said...

I've had to confiscate some and make other kids put theirs in their backpacks when they become a distraction in class.