Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Japanese Garden

Recently Paul and I went on what we refer to as an "EPIC DATE". The kids spent most of the weekend at my parents house and we had fun! On Friday night we went into Portland and went out to dinner, shopping at Lloyd Center and to see Brendan Perry in concert. It was an amazing show, and we stayed out way past our bedtime.

Saturday morning we went back into town for cajun style brunch at Le Bistro Montage. It was fantastic! This is an old favorite of ours from before we had kids, and it is still just as delicious.

After brunch we headed up to the Japanese Garden. I can't believe we'd never gone here before. It is so amazingly beautiful!

I love that they tell you to turn all cell phones and electronics off, and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Definitely a place of quiet solitude. We were glad we decided to go without the boys. I'm not sure they would have appreciated the beauty of the place and we would have felt more rushed.

I think I might go back by myself one day and just sit and breathe for a very long time.





No comments: