Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cub Scout Day Camp, and a funny story about Rowan


Yesterday was the first day of cub camp. Fuller was super excited, and also a little sad I think, since this is his last year. He is the oldest member of his pack going, so he was paired with the youngest scout. He reported at the end of the day that this was an annoying way to spend his last year of camp. I had to remind him that someone had to show him around his first year, and also that a scout is supposed to be helpful. It's in the scout motto and everything. He was gone from 8-4 and says he had a great time. They got to do archery, shoot BB guns, and take apart owl pellets. He brought home the contents of his owl pellet, a few mouse skulls and several little mouse bones. This is just gross to me, but all the boys at my house thought it was super cool. Today the weather was cool and rainy but Fuller refused to wear pants, so I guess we'll see this afternoon how fun day 2 was.



Also, here's a funny story about Rowan that I forgot to include in my post about our last trip to the beach. While we were at the beach with Paul's brother we went to visit Fort Stevens. After walking around the fort for awhile we went to check out the museum/gift shop. It was a super hot day, and the museum wasn't air conditioned, so I went outside to wait in the shade. After a little while Paul and the boys came out, Rowan with a very interesting grin on his face. Apparently while they were looking at an exhibit, Rowan had snuck away from Paul. When they went to look for him they found him at the counter in the gift shop, WAITING FOR HIS CHANGE! Rowan had bought himself a pack a SKITTLES. I had known that Rowan had a dollar in his pocket, but it never would have occurred to me that he would try to go spend it on his own. This four year old is just too independent for me!

No comments: