Wednesday, October 3, 2007

He likes all that scary stuff!

I must admit that Rowan is often my most difficult child to figure out. An "enigma wrapped in a mystery" you might say. Rowan still hates to fall asleep by himself, and often gets scared to the point of tears at very harmless movies and tv shows. But, when it comes to Halloween, bring on the gore! The bloodier and scarier the better! We were at the store the other day looking at costumes and decorations, and he kept getting more and more impatient with me and the children's costumes I was looking at. He finally demanded that we go to a better aisle. "What aisle?" I asked him."You know, the one with the axes and blood." I slowly turned the corner to go down a different aisle, and his eyes lit up with delight. The scary aisle! He just couldn't get enough of the skeletons, fake blood, weapons, and fake creepy body parts. He has now determined that he wants to be a "scary guy" for Halloween. So much for talking him into the Buzz Lightyear costume Fuller and Grayson wore when they were his age. I can see already that I've got some major negotiations in my future. I just can't let my preschooler dress up like the grim reaper. Even though he would make a really cute one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! Good luck trying to convince him otherwise. I'll be anxious to hear what you are able to "compromise" on :)

Jodi said...

Once they get an idea for a Halloween costume...it's hard to sway them, isn't it? Good luck and let me know how you handled it. I'm sure my turn is right around the corner!

Shannon b said...

that is so funny! Payton saw some fake limbs in the store the other day and was just mesmerized by them. Hopefully it's just a stage.

Paige said...

Ew, that aisle creeps ME out. Good luck talking him into a costume suitable for the preschool party!! LOL