Sunday, October 21, 2007

LOVE

I know I am loved, but it doesn't hurt to wake up to something like this every now and then!
I hadn't really been expecting too much for my birthday on Friday, since we had pretty much celebrated on Tuesday with Paul's birthday celebration, but he had a few surprises in store for me. The first of which was these beautiful flowers and a nice gift card. And of course the local school district gave me the "gift" of having my children home all day, so they could make me feel so special and loved. The best surprise however was having Paul walk through the door two hours early, prepared to fix me my favorite dinner, Balti Butter Chicken with homemade naan! I really do have the best husband in the world!



And speaking of love....

this kid LOVES playing soccer in the rain and mud!

7 comments:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, you stinker! I had no idea. I guess if I had read my RS Bulletin I would have known. I hope you had a great day. I wish you would have called me to watch the kids so you could have some "you" time. Happy Birthday!!

suzanne said...

Happy Birthday!!

Jodi said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! I'm glad your family spoiled you on your special day! Happy Birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wish I had known!!! I'll be marking it on my calendar for next year missy :)

And I agree, that was VERY sweet of Paul. I just love hearing about the nice things other husbands do for their wives, because it makes me appreciate all that Todd does for me that much more. You are a lucky girl to have him, and your whole family is just as lucky to have YOU!!!

Oh, and btw, I think you look very stylish with your new haircut :)

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Marie said...

Sounds like you had a happy birthday! Fresh flowers are always a fun surprise and you'll have to give some details on that dinner - it sounds like an interesting dish!

Aundrea said...

I hope you had a happy birthday! I agree, that was such a nice present from the school to let the boys be home with you:) The flowers were beautiful!

Shannon b said...

happy, happy birthday!

Sometime you'll have to explain to me exactly what naan is. I just read a book set in Afghanistan and the narrator mentioned several times how wonderful it is.