Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A New Twist on an Old Favorite

For years now making homemade ice cream has been one of our favorite warm weather activities. We have 4 different ice cream makers, and are always on the look out for new and better recipes. On Monday night we decided it was time to kick off ice cream season 2009. For Christmas this year Paul's mom had gotten us a new ice cream maker. It's a Mega ice cream ball. You put the ice cream ingredients in one end, and the ice and salt in the other. Then you have to get to work mixing it.

The boys were disappointed that the directions said not to kick or throw the ball.

But you can shake it.

Or roll it back and forth.

And 35 minutes later-VOILA- ICE CREAM!

Unfortunately the boys got bored about 10 minutes in to the mixing process, so Paul and I ended up doing all the work. It sure tasted good, but next time we're using the electric one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's an ice cream maker I have yet to see!
BTW, hope Bailey wasn't too much of a pill yesterday at scouts ... he seemed in quite the "mood" when I picked him up ... mainly mad that I was there to interrupt his fun I think! I tried to explain that at 5:00 the fun must stop ... like it or not :)

Jodi said...

SO cool! And wouldn't you know that the boys would want to kick it...I mean, it is shaped like a ball. Come on, mom ;)

Tiffiny said...

Thanks for the warning, I will be sure to stay away from this type of ice cream maker, though it looks like tons of fun!