Monday, June 1, 2009

Nothing but Trouble

As the mother of three boys, let me just say this, girls are nothing but trouble.(This of course doesn't apply to any of the lovely girls I know, who are all exceptions to this fact.) I saw signs of this early on. When Fuller was in kindergarten there was a little girl who would mercilessly chase him, tackle him to the ground, and try to kiss him. By third grade girls were flirting with him during Spring music concert and telling him about the tattoos they wanted to get when they were older. When Grayson was in first grade there was a little girl who kept asking for his phone number, and once he gave it to her she started calling him. That ended badly when he said he liked another girl. I think a kick to the shins may have been involved.

The big problem with Grayson is that he really likes it when girls chase him. It's pretty much been his favorite recess activity since kindergarten. Sometimes when I'm volunteering at the school I spy at him at recess time. I've discovered something very interesting. If no girls are chasing him, he'll go and try to find some who are interested. He also likes clowning it up for the girls in his class and making them laugh. There are a few who have crushes on him. I can tell by the way they giggle when they talk to me about him. The trouble is, these girls are rough. In the last month Grayson has come home with at least three apology letters from girls who have hurt him, with everything from a punch in the back to yelling in his ear.

Today I got a call from the vice principal of their school saying that there had been an incident at recess and that Grayson was in the nurses office. ANOTHER run in with a girl. He had been playing tag with some boys, and a couple of girls in his class tried to get involved by grabbing Grayson. They pulled his shirt and ended up scratching his neck up with their finger nails. Hopefully now he will have learned his lesson, and will stay away from those girls!

3 comments:

Shannon b said...

oh no! wow - it does seem that girls are getting tougher & rougher than they used to be. Conner also plays with the girls everyday at recess, and loves it!

Lynn Boyle said...

geez. thank god for BOYS huh? it doesn't help when we both got great looking boys too.. did you find that island yet? i am still looking...:)

Tiffiny said...

Ha Ha Ha! You are killing me! I remember those days, but of course I would blame it all on the boys. How funny how hormones are running even at that age.