Tuesday, September 15, 2009

100

Labor day weekend we took a lovely trip through the wheat fields of eastern Washington, so we could attend a very special event.

On Saturday, my grandma Beulah turned 100 years old. She is still the wonderful, sweet and witty woman I've known my whole life. She has set quite an example for all of us on how to age gracefully.

We arrived in town the afternoon before the party, which gave us a good opportunity to visit with Grandma before everyone else got there. I love hearing Grandma tell stories of her life. It seems like she's always got one I haven't heard before. This time she told me about the brief time when she had a badger for a pet.

My parents organized a lovely party for grandma, which was very well attended and enjoyed. She was surrounded by many friends and relatives who love her, including not just immediate family, but also her sister, some cousins, nieces and many others.
Two of Grandma's three surviving children were there, my dad and my Aunt Kay.

Nine of us ten grandchildren were there.

And 12 of her 14 great-grandchildren.

I'm so thankful that we were able to share in this special day with Grandma. You don't get too many opportunities to attend a 100th birthday party in your life. It was great to see Grandma laughing and smiling and enjoying every minute of it.

The boys had a great time at the party.
Rowan liked hanging out with Great-Grandma.

And Alyssa and Noah.

Grayson and Rowan both enjoyed the cake.

So did Fuller and Noah.


It's amazing to think about how much the world has changed during Grandma's life, and how well she's kept up. Grandma still has a computer and checks her email and her grand children's blogs. I am so blessed to have this lovely lady as a part of my life.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wow. That is just amazing - she sounds like one wonderful woman!

Enid said...

Well said, Michelle.