Friday, September 25, 2009

Work in Progress


I've gone a little hexagon crazy. I was looking for a new project (even though I have plenty of unfinished ones), and I kept seeing hexagon ideas. This is a great project for me in so many ways. Since I've never done paper piecing I get to learn something new. I also get to practice my hand stitching, which can use some work, and I get to use up a lot of scraps.

I love that this is going to look like a crazy jumbled mess. Something about that just seems fun and appealing.

Although I am toying with the idea of putting a solid color between the my hexagon groups. That might make the colors stand out a little more.

But then it might make the quilt look a little too orderly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 comments:

Aundrea said...

That looks so cool! I can't imagine the time or talent that takes, everything looks so perfect! I love both looks, but prefer them all together...something about all those pieces together without space between looks awesome. I can't offer anything other than an opinion because you are lightyears above my abilities:)

Adrienne said...

WOW! I so do not have what it takes to piece that together - I would loose interest after the first set! I think I kinda like a color between ...

Jodi said...

This is going to be SO cool! I vote for the color between but would love to see what it looks like without it, too. I'm no help
:(
Post a pic when you are done so we can see it!

Rochelle said...

I love it! Very fun fabrics. I like the groupings!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

WOW! That is going to be an awesome quilt!! I like it best without the solid. What a cool project and what fun scraps.

Warmbeachjo said...

I'm getting dizzy thinking about you working with all of those hexes.