Monday, August 23, 2010

?Questions?

Right now I'm at the point in Summer vacation where I am alternately longing for more fun,schedule free days, and giddy with excitement about the boys going back to school. One of the things I will truly miss about Summer is the endless flow of random questions, that give such an interesting glimpse into the inner workings of my childrens' brains. How they try to figure out the world seems to make no sense sometimes, and at other times they are deeply profound. Like when we talk about the past and Rowan has to constantly check on if he was alive when that event happened, and are the other people from that event still alive, and does he know them. Or how Grayson wants to know if we had certain things when Paul and I were kids. His questions have me convinced that he thinks we grew up with cavemen for neighbors, but I think he's starting to make sense of it. And then there are the just plain silly questions, like Rowan's urgent need to know if you can milk a pig.

Yes, as much as I might get tired of answering their questions, I will miss getting to hear them all day long.

1 comment:

Shannon b said...

this put a smile on my face. :)
I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll be able to say that I will miss my kids' questions and voices when school returns. Today, they are using their voices for screeching and whining. Quiet time in 3, 2, 1 . . . .