Monday, November 8, 2010

Taking the road less travelled


Recently we headed out to the woods to spend some special time together as a family, enjoying nature, the remnants of a beautiful Fall, and each others company.

I love getting the boys away from home and their toys and video games.

I love hearing Grayson and Rowan's excited exclamations as they discover big leaves, cool mushrooms, fallen trees and giant banana slugs.

I love that there are no arguments.

I love how we all relax, and the conversations begin to flow.

I love soaking in the quiet and the calm, surrounded by amazing beauty.

I love that my boys worry about me slipping on the wet leaves and offer to hold my hand.

I love that time seems to slow down enough that we can almost grab hold of the moment.

I love that we get to share this time, and build these memories.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Looks amazing! That leaf is HUGE!! Glad you had such a good day. :)

Anonymous said...

awwww, I *love* all those things, too. very sweet post, Michelle :)

Tiffiny said...

Beautiful! I have always wanted to take that trail. Maybe in a year or two when all the kids can walk it on their own. What a fun family you have.

suzanne said...

Another lovely post, thank you!