Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A word (or two) about Rowan

There's a reason people often refer to Rowan as a character. He often looks like a cartoon character, some of his expressions are priceless. And then there's the things that come out of his mouth. Here are a few recent "Rowanisms".

- He has been working on a long list for Christmas, but told me not to worry, because only half of the list is for me. The other half is for Santa.

- He said he's going to tell Santa to bring sugar cereal, strawberry toothpaste, root beer, and NO SOCKS! I guess he's going to try to get Santa to take care of all the areas he feels his life is lacking in.

- He has gotten into putting signs up on his door. They are quite a reflection of how he's feeling about the family. Some recent ones have been "No Grayson aloud", "No one but Rowan and Mommy", and "No one but Rowan and people who like my singing."

-Last week when I went to volunteer in his class his teacher pulled me aside and apologized for mispronouncing our last name all year. He hasn't been saying it wrong, but apparently Rowan told him he had been.

- Rowan thinks he can speak Spanish, and Chinese. He can't, but if you ask him to he'll ramble on incoherently at you for awhile.

- He has a really creative way of keeping score in his head. His team usually wins.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Rowan is definitely a funny kid. He always had a lot to tell me when he was in my primary class.