Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Half way there


Today the boys reached the half way mark on the library's summer reading program, so we had to make a trip there for them to pick up their T shirts. Taking all three of them to the Library is thankfully becoming much less of a spectacle. Fuller and Grayson pretty much just quietly look for books, but Rowan still seems to feel some kind of need to fill the silence. As people who know Rowan will attest, loud is his permanent volume setting. Fuller has been dragging his feet on reading this summer, but I think seeing many of his friends' names up on the "finished" wall may have given him the kick he needed. Now if I could only convince him to read something other than SPORTS ILLUSTRATED or his STAR WARS encyclopedia. I guess that I should just be happy that he's reading, but I foolishly bought several of the books off of the recommended summer reading list that his school sent home, and I'd like it if he read at least one or two of them.

No comments: