Monday, August 13, 2007

Nature's bounty




This weekend Paul and the boys stopped and picked some blackberries on their way back from taking Buster for a swim. These were great just plain, but then Paul baked them into the most delicious pie! Then this morning the boys and I found some real treasures in the garden; zuccini, yellow squash, tomatoes, beans, and even a cute little green frog! Now if only it would get above 70 degrees it would be a perfect summer day.
And of course they couldn't resist trying to make the vegetables into weapons!

Also, I have told some people this story, but thought it was cute. The other day I was talking with Rowan and I asked him what my name was. He said "Mommy". I said what's my other name? He said our last name. So I said "what does daddy call me? " He thought for a quick second and then said "Sir".

1 comment:

Warmbeachjo said...

I sure wish my tomatoes would hurry up and get red. The cilantro is ready and I want pico de gallo. The pie looks delish!