Thursday, August 9, 2007

I can't believe he's 7



My little Grayson is growing up. He is still full of mischief and silliness, but he's starting to seem a bit older. When I look at those sparkly blue eyes and that impish grin, I just know that that marvelous brain of his is working overtime. In an attempt to capture a bit of who he is right now, I asked him a series of questions this morning. Here is a glimpse into Grayson at 7.

-Favorite food- homemade macaroni and cheese
-Favorite restaurant- El Burrito Loco
-Favorite TV show- Spongebob
-Favorite movie- Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets
-Favorite thing to do- Go to the park/ swim
-Best friend- Jillise and Buster
-Favorite game- chess
-Favorite toy- game cube
-What makes you laugh- being tickled by Fuller
-Favorite color - dark blue
-What is the most important thing you learned when you were 6: How to do
different swimming strokes
-What do you hate- having to clean my room
- What do you hope to get for your birthday? GI joe guys, pokemon game for gameboy









In honor of Grayson's birthday we started our day off with Cookie Crisp cereal. I pretty much never buy sugar cereal, but last year Grayson talked me into letting the birthday kid pick whatever they wanted for breakfast, and so now this has become a tradition. Then we had a full day of swimming lessons, going to the store to get his cake (he told 3 perfect strangers that it was his birthday- I wish I was still that excited about my birthdays!), playing with friends, and then off to CHUCK E CHEESE.




After what seemed like an eternity at CHUCK E CHEESE Grayson pronounced it his best birthday ever, and we went home for cake and presents. Grayson had such a hard time falling asleep after all of that birthday excitement. He had lined all his presents up next to his bed and when I would check on him he quickly pointed out that he wasn't playing with them, just looking.

I was thinking during the day about what I want to remember about Grayson at this age, and being the kid that he is, he provided me with a perfect example of his personality. We were out playing in the backyard when Grayson noticed that Buster was doing something funny. He went to investigate and discovered that Buster had a BIG grasshopper in his mouth, that was still alive. Grayson instantly stuck his hand in Buster's mouth to save the poor bug. He carefully checked it out and sadly noted that it's leg was broken. But ever hopeful for it's well being he set it free in a safe place. Then looking at Buster he apparently felt bad for having taken something away from Buster, so he went off to find him a treat. His love an compassion for the animal kingdom just keeps growing! He is quite a wonderful boy!

No comments: