Friday, August 17, 2007

reality check

Today has been an especially trying day at our house. Between soccer starting, swimming lessons and a summer with a lot of time spent together, the boys were tired and at each others throats (literally) all day. So much whining, yelling, arguing, and complaining about everything! Also, the neighbor kids who are a pretty much permanent fixture at our house have more than out worn their welcome. I decided that a trip to the park was just the thing we needed, a change of scenery and a break from our constant companions. Unfortunately our trip to the park was marred by a group of Jr. juvenile delinquints. I'm guessing this group of boys to be in the 11-13 age range. Language so foul you'd think they were sailors, and bad behavior on top of it. I'm usually one to mind my own business, but I yelled at them to knock off what they were doing not once, but twice. When it became clear that they obviously don't care that some random grown up is calling them on their behavior I decided it was time to go. As luck would have it a car pulled into the park's parking lot just as we were leaving, and one of the kids in this group ran to get in. I drove my car back over to where it was and talked to the woman driving. She happened to be this boys mother, and lets just say she was none too happy to get my report of what he and his friends were up to. I have a feeling this kids evening wasn't going to be very pleasant. So much for me minding my own business. I hope she knows the parents of those other kids and spreads the word of their misdeeds. When we got home the neighbor kids who had previously been driving me nuts looked nice and sweet, and as for my own boys, the best kids you could ever hope for!

No comments: