Monday, September 10, 2007

He's a big kid now!

Off to school we go!

Rowan started preschool today. I was a little apprehensive about this morning, partly because last night Rowan said he wasn't going, and partly because I knew I would be emotional about him going. He is still my baby after all. I was totally shocked when he walked right in and got started on the craft activity his teacher had set up, with hardly a glance at me when I left. I also surprised myself by only being a little teary, and not at all weepy like I was last week with Grayson starting first grade. I guess preschool is easier for me to deal with since it's only 2 and 1/2 hours. When I picked him up he was smiling and happy, but had little to say about his day. He said they had cookies for snack, and everything else was "boring". He sounded just like Grayson when he said this, so I don't think it was his true sentiment. Hopefully today wasn't a fluke, and Wednesday will be just as easy.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! He's definitely doing better than Zach! Thanks for your kind words and support today, it's just been "one of those days" and I'm just waiting for it to all get easier. It's been an emotional week! Lots of changes that will hopefully all be for the better once everyone get settled. Your boys seem to be doing great, and now you can finally enjoy some YOU time!!!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Hi Michelle! I just found your blog...cool! I didn't know you had one.
Rowan looks so grown up...what a cutie. Enjoy the couple hours of free time you will have each week :)

Paige said...

Peekaboo! Cute blog. I love the title and all the great pics of your handsome guys!