Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend


This Easter weekend we went to our local egg hunt. It's one of my favorite things about living here. Even in years when it's been pouring down rain, the kids have always enjoyed the Easter egg hunt. This year was a little sad since it was Fuller's last year. It's hard to believe he's getting too old for such things. Fuller had to go to his area alone, while Paul went with Grayson and I stayed with Rowan. We were running a little late this year and arrived just about 10 minutes before the hunt started. But even with that short of a wait Rowan was very impatient to get started.


As soon as the siren sounded starting the hunt, it was chaos. I lost sight of Rowan in the swarm very quickly.


But pretty soon he came back with a basket full of candy filled eggs.


Then it was time to empty the eggs and look for prize tickets. Fuller was the lucky one this year. He found an egg with a ticket in it, which he exchanged for a gift certificate for a free pizza. It was fun having him treat us all to lunch that day.




Then later Saturday afternoon we finally got around to coloring eggs.


Fuller was SO EXCITED about coloring eggs!


By Saturday night Paul and I were both feeling pretty cruddy, so we were really lucky the Easter bunny remembered to come.

By Sunday morning Paul, Fuller and I were all really under the weather, so Easter was pretty uneventful. We made some calls to cancel our dinner guests and pretty much spent the whole day laying around in our jammies. The Easter ham never got cooked. I heated up some canned soup and went to bed instead. I guess we'll be having a belated Easter dinner later this week.

8 comments:

Warmbeachjo said...

Hope you're all on the mend.

Paige said...

Sorry about the Easter blechies! Score on the free pizza though!!

Shannon b said...

oh, I'm so sorry you all got sick!

Tiffini said...

I am glad you were able to have some fun before you all started feeling yucky. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a bummer to be sick for Easter. I hope you are all on the mend.

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well now! And that you have a GREAT belated Easter dinner :)

Tiffiny said...

Oh no! What a way to spend the holiday. Mason and I were sick on Monday. Wonder what is going around.

Jodi said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were sick. Feeling better? If not, call me...I can bring you some homemade soup.