Friday, April 17, 2009

Sushi Night


I am so thankful that I have children who are adventuresome diners. Sometimes their culinary desires are a little hard to fulfill out here in the sticks, so we're getting pretty good at learning to make things for ourselves.

When it comes to sushi I'm pretty much a California roll kind of gal, but the boys wanted to try some different things.Rowan made a really yummy shrimp/cucumber roll. From the comments he was making while rolling it, I'm starting to think he might be watching too much "Iron Chef".

A very fun evening that we will definitely be repeating!

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

Very impressive! I don't think my kids would be too excited about sushi...Kelly and I on the other hand are fans. I'm not as adventurous, I pretty much stick with California Rolls and such:)

Lynn Boyle said...

we love SUSHI give you credit for making it.. it's allot of work and worth the reward of course.. BTW Fuller jumping form looks pretty good there:)

Jodi said...

Your family is so cool! Megan is adventurous but Ben would take one look at a piece of Sushi and cringe, I'm sure.

Rochelle said...

MMMM......Love Sushi, feel free to call the Lyman's next time! ;)
What a fun idea to have the kids make their own!