Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Success and Failure


Fuller and Grayson brought home their Spring progress reports. All pluses and positive comments, with the exception of Grayson needing to work on listening attentively (a common area for improvement with kindergarteners). They are now counting the days until summer vacation, only 24 school days left!

On another topic, we have pulled Rowan out of swimming lessons. After school yesterday I took him and Grayson swimming. He clung to me for dear life and was very teary for about 20 minutes, then he livened up and had some fun, and even let me move 3-4 feet away from him. He even protested that he wanted to stay in longer when it was time to leave. This morning when we were talking about what we were going to do today I mentioned that we had swimming lessons, and he had a total tearful breakdown and became very clingy. I told him everything was going to be alright, but throughout the day he would periodically tear up and tell me he didn't want to go swimming. We decided that he would gain more at this point from me just taking him swimming than he is from the lessons. So, my dreams of sitting and reading a magazine while the kids are all having lessons will have to wait until next year.

No comments: