Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"THAT WAS SO COOL!"


Today I was the best mom in the world. Everyone loved me. I received many hugs, kisses and thank yous. The boys have been dying to try out the rock climbing gym that recently opened near us, and this cold and dreary spring break day seemed like the perfect time. They loved it. I mean they REALLY loved it! I payed for a day pass for each of them, which at first seemed a little expensive, but was well worth the money. The boys climbed for about 2 and 1/2 hours when we first got there. Then when they were getting tired we went home for lunch and to rest for awhile. Then late in the afternoon we went back for 2 more hours. I really hope this place is able to make a go of it. The people that work there were really great with the kids. They were super patient and encouraging. The kids had THE BEST time, and pretty much used up every scrap of energy that they had for the day.


Climbing out and over this ledge was a big challenge for Fuller. He looked really beat when he got down.








This was about the maximum height that Rowan would climb to. The guy that was working with him really tried to get him to go all the way to the top, but he got a little too nervous.






Grayson was really getting a kick out of hanging upside down. We've always thought he was part monkey.






Fuller's hand were really getting a workout on this one, he had one hand in a crack and the other on the side of the wall. This was one of those times where it was good that someone was holding him with a rope, because he lost his grip right after I took the picture.


It was a little freaky having Grayson hanging so far up in the air, but he LOVED it. The guy that was belaying him said that Grayson has really good natural instincts. He looks up at the path he wants to take and doesn't have to think too much about where the holds are. He said some of the stuff Grayson did just on his own they usually have to work to teach people how to do.

A fabulous day!

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

My boys are constantly talking about going here and what a cool mom I WOULD be if I took them. Looks like a lot of fun!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Aundrea said...

Looks like fun! My kids have been BEGGING me to take them since it opened.

Shannon b said...

wow - that is so cool! I would've never thought about taking my boys there, but what a great idea. I'm glad everyone loved it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, my boys have been wanting to do this SO bad! If they see these pictures they really will think I am the meanest mom ever for not taking them there this week! What a good mom you are :) And what good little climbers you have, too! Maybe if I take Zach here he will stop scaling the walls at home!

Nicole said...

HOW COOL!!! Great pictures, I will have to give it a whirl.