Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween 2007

The boys were up and excited very early for Halloween! When I walked into the living room Grayson and Rowan both ran over and excitedly proclaimed "IT'S HALLOWEEN!" We had some turmoil over the fact that Rowan got to wear his costume to preschool and Grayson didn't get to wear his to school. They still don't seem to understand that I don't make the rules EVERYWHERE. Somehow this was my fault. We got the big kids off to school, and then Rowan and I went to his preschool Halloween party. He was more than a little excited about all of this!




They started the party off with cupcakes to frost and decorate with gummy worms! Nothing like a good dose of sugar at 9:30 in the morning!



The fishing game was Rowan's favorite! They played lots of other games, did an art project and got to go outside and hunt for a pumpkin.




This year I sadly realized that none of my kids want to be cute for Halloween anymore. They'd rather be "cool" or scary. Rowan was a ninja turtle "because they are good fighters". Grayson couldn't really decide what he wanted to be, so he was a combination Power Ranger/ vampire. That way he got to be cool and scary. Fuller was a Wizard, but I think got a little offended when one of neighbors asked him if he was a witch. Obviously a Wizard is way cooler than a witch!









Paul took the boys out trick or treating for about an hour, and they got way too much candy! I stayed home and passed out candy. I got one little surprise visitor, a dragon who was probably about 2-3 who just opened the front door and walked right in, (much to the horror of his mother yelling from the driveway.) It was very cute, and reminded me of when Grayson was 2 and tried to walk into every house we went to.



This is a picture of just Rowan's candy, so we really have three times that much in the house. Being the candy police is not going to be fun!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Just a few more years and your boys will be taking pillow cases out and coming home with them full to the top!

Aundrea said...

Your kids were really cute, Paul brought them to our neighborhood so I got to see them. Nalani was just grabbing what she wanted out of people's bowls and I even heard her say to a couple of people that she already had that, meaning she didn't want doubles of that particular candy. Crazy kids!

Rochelle said...

I just found your blog and I love being able to have a little bit more of a connection to you way over there. LOL! It's fun to read about things that we wouldn't necessarily get to talk about.

Bonnie said...

I didn't know that you had a blog till today. Great job!
I love the costumes. The boys look great.

Jodi said...

Wow...that is quite a load of candy!!
The boys still look cute even though they wore 'scary' costumes :)
And wasn't that a great preschool party? I enjoyed being there even though my little lion is so independent!

Shannon b said...

well, even if Rowan didn't end up being the vampire-pirate, I'm glad someone was able to incorporate a vampire into their costume!