Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend sports update

This weekend marked the end of another soccer season. Fuller's last game was early Saturday morning. Paul took the day off to come watch him play, and Paul's dad came out to see the game as well. Fuller's team finally won a game! Yeah Hammerheads! They finished out the season with a 11 to 1 record, but were so happy about winning this game that it seemed to make up for all the other losses. Poor Fuller twisted his knee in the first half of the game, and was limping pretty good and in pain, so he had to sit out the second half. At least Paul got to see him play a little.

In other sporting news, Grayson had his first basketball game on Saturday. This is his first year playing, and his team had never practiced before since their first scheduled practice turned out to be on Halloween. So, picture if you will a team of 6 and 7 year old boys who don't really know how to play basketball, don't know each other, don't know their coach, and don't know any rules. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! Luckily the other team was just as clueless. They were shooting at the wrong basket, hitting their teammates in the back of the head with the ball as they attempted to pass to players who weren't paying attention, falling on the ground A LOT, forgetting that they needed to dribble and not just grab the ball and run, etc. At one point the high school guys who referee the games were laughing so hard they could barely speak. It's going to be an interesting season!

4 comments:

Marie said...

What a good way to end up the soccer season - nice weather and a win - hope the knee feels better, and I have seen a youth basketball game like what you described - imagine that with girls!

I was wondering if you've heard anything negative about the movie coming out next month and what your take is on that?

Aundrea said...

Fun. I love going to the basketball games, they are pure entertainment! We'll probably be seeing you around this season.

Michelle said...

Marie, in answer to your question, I hadn't heard anything negative, so I looked it up online. It reminds me a lot of all the protest over Harry Potter in the beginning, and all the groups who feared it would promote witchcraft. For me it is just a work of fantasy. There was an article in the LA Times where the director was quoted as saying "I believe the film is about honor and courage and loyalty and free choice and the human will and it's not really about the issues people are keen to slam us with." For me this is what the story is all about, (plus I still think it's an exciting adventure story.)

Anonymous said...

Man, I don't know how you do it all! You are super mom. I have to admit that I was SO glad for soccer to be over, and I can't imaging moving straight into basketball. At least not yet, maybe down the road, but my plate already feels too full!!! You amaze me, your boys are super lucky to have a great mom like you :)