Monday, November 26, 2007

A week of Blessings

Thanksgiving is always a time of thoughtful reflection for me. My family and I are so truly blessed all year long, and always have much to be thankful for. We are of course thankful for family and friends, a warm home and good food to eat, and so many other things as well. This year we were gone pretty much the whole Thanksgiving week, and I had a good opportunity to appreciate those things big and small that I was thankful for during the week. These items are listed in no particular order, but are things that the boys and I enjoyed this past week.


-My Grandma Beulah

I am always thankful for a chance to visit with Grandma. Grandma is 98 now, and still going strong. I am so glad that we had some time to stop and see her. It seems like the time always goes by too fast, but I am so happy for whatever time we can have together. I am also thankful that my boys have gotten to know her, and see her as the treasure that she is. They also really enjoyed the little treat bags of candy that she had ready for them!


- Childhood memories

I have eaten MANY a meal at this little drive-in. If you ever happen to be in Wilbur WA I strongly recommend the Billy Burger basket and a vanilla shake.


- The beauty of nature

This picture really doesn't do it justice, but the views of snow covered trees on our drive were simply breathtaking!


- Kids who travel long distances remarkably well

The kids did so well on this trip, especially considering how many hours they had to sit. It's funny how when they have a whole house to spread out in they can fight like crazy, but pack them tightly in a car for long periods of time and they play nicely together.










- Starbucks gingerbread hot chocolate

- Time with Paul

Paul has worked such crazy hours the last 5 months, it was wonderful to have a whole week off together. We all really needed it!

-Brother time

Paul and his brother Jason are such good friends, it so fun to watch them laugh and be silly together.


- Snow to play in

This is such a treat to my boys who so rarely see snow where we live!










Unfortunately it was really stinkin' cold, so they couldn't play outside for as long as they would have liked.






Fuller's favorite part was sledding down the hill across from his cousin's house.








- Craft time with Uncle Jason

Crafts aren't really Jason's thing, but he's a nice Uncle and Rowan demanded he join him.








- Passing on traditions

Paul and Jason taught the kids how to play "king around the court"

-Boys who love dogs

Anyone who knows Grayson knows that he is pretty much dog crazy, and his cousin's dog Anna is one of his absolute favorites!



-Elsie

This strong sweet girl is the thing we were all most thankful for this year! She endured 2 grueling weeks in the hospital, which included 2 surgeries to deal with a ruptured appendix, and way too many pokes and icky medicines. She proved to everyone what a tough little cookie she is, and was able to come home on Thanksgiving. We were all so happy for her to be home and on the road to recovery!



- Cousin Gabe

Fuller and Gabe were born about a week apart, and I think they were just destined to be friends. Fuller misses Gabe all the time, and begs us to move next door to him. I just love watching these two talk and hang out together!










- Aunt Barbara

This is one special lady, and we all love her so! She is always up for snuggles with the kids, and back scratches all around.


- Heat
This is the temperature reading from our van the morning we left. Believe me it felt like 6 degrees.





- "Famous Daves" rib tips! Sure wish they'd open one in Oregon!


- Montana Grizzly fans!

8 comments:

Shannon b said...

Wow! what an awesome trip and so much to be thankful for!
My boys sound just like yours when it comes to car travel -- love the sleeping shot of Rowan. :)
And holy cow, 6 degrees!!

Jodi said...

It sounds like you had one amazing trip.The snow looks great...can't wait until we get a few inches here!

Marie said...

Boy, that's too cold for me, but my girls are sure wanting some snow. I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your husband!

Rochelle said...

I am dreaming of snow but I could do without the 6 degrees. I love the pictures of you guys in the field of snow with cute houses in the background. I am glad to hear you had such a great week.

Tiffini said...

That sounds like such a wonderful trip. It makes me cold just thinking about 6 degrees. I am not a fan of the cold. Give me warm northwest winters any day.

Aundrea said...

Sounds like fun! I'm glad you finally got to spend some uninterupted time with your hubby! We were so hoping for snow in Utah, but didn't get any. My kids played in the dirt in their snowboots we packed.

Candy said...

I am glad you guys made it back safe I thought of you often and it was good to see all the pictures and lucky you to play in the snow

Paige said...

That's a great list of things you are thankful for. I am thankful that it rarely gets to be 6 degrees here! Brrrrrr.