Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

What a wonderful surprise to wake up to snow this morning! If only it was a little colder so it would stick around a little while. This beautiful sight motivated me to bring out the other sure sign that it's almost Christmas at our house, the Santas. Several years ago, (back before we had kids), Paul and I took a wonderful trip through Canada. On that trip I found the neatest hand carved Santa, and thus started a fun tradition. Every year Paul hunts for a new, unique Santa, to give me for Christmas. Sometimes he can't decide and I get more than one that year. This has been a special thing between us that I look forward to each year. Even on years when money has been really tight, and we've decided no presents for us, Paul always comes through with a new Santa for me. It's always fun to unpack them and try to remember a little about the year I received it. The boys love to choose which is their favorite, and to guess which is mine. I can't wait to see what Paul finds this year!










<

8 comments:

Candy said...

I have three favorites I collect, Santas being one of them, snowmen and nativities. It is the best part of collecting-finding different and unusal ones. I love your collection!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun tradition, I love it!!!

Jodi said...

I absolutley love the old-fashioned Santas! And a fun yearly tradition...to hunt for the perfect one to add to the collection. Your home is looking very festive :)

Marie said...

That's a great collection, Michelle and a fun idea.

Paige said...

What a neat tradition. I love it! And they look fantastic on the mantle.

Shannon b said...

what a neat tradition! The collection all grouped together looks so cool!

Nicole said...

How neat! I don't really have a fun "something" that Spencer and I share. Huh, guess we'll have to start something.

Tiffini said...

That is a great tradition...okay it looks like everyone is saying that. And I love that they are wooden, so that can't easily be broken.