Thursday, December 6, 2007

Just one long vacation

This morning we had our usual nearing the end of the week car conversation. We had the usual questions and demands about what the weekend is looking like. They're always concerned we're going to just make them do chores all weekend. Then we had to talk about days off, and when exactly does Christmas vacation start, and can they please stay up late during vacation. Then one of my children,( who shall remain nameless to protect him from the wrath of other mothers who may find his comment offensive), made the comment that I'm so lucky because I get every day off. Yup, that's pretty much how motherhoods been, just one long vacation!

6 comments:

Aundrea said...

Oh come on, Michelle! You know you just sit around the house eating bon bons all day! You're soooo lucky. Maybe you can come over to my house today and eat my bon bons with me:)

Tiffini said...

I know I just sit around eating bon bons too. I have a magical fairy that comes daily to do the dishes, pick up toys, do laundry, go shopping, fix food etc. Where is yours??

Rochelle said...

Hey! I have that same fairy! But I ran out of Bon Bons last night!

Jodi said...

How come I don't have a fairy? I got the short end of the stick somewhere along the line!

Marie said...

There are all kinds of songs and books about Cowboy logic - I think we need to start a collection of Kid logic -and my cleaning fairy must be on her own vacation!

Nicole said...

I'm still trying to convince Spencer that I really do alot during the day! At least other Mom's know the truth.