Friday, December 21, 2007

Free at last, free at last!

Today marks the first official day of Christmas vacation, and also our release from quarantine! This morning marked a full 24 hours since anyone threw up, had diarrhea or complained of any sickness of any kind. I was beginning to get more than a little stir crazy, and all of us were really cranky. To celebrate our new found health and freedom to leave the immediate vicinity of a bathroom, we headed into Portland for the day. We visited with my parents and had lunch at their house. Then we ventured to the mall for some last minute shopping and a quick chat with the man in red. Rowan went up to Santa first and was just grinning from ear to ear. Their conversation went something like this:
Santa: So, how old are you now?
Rowan: (giggle) Four
Santa: So, are you married yet?
Rowan: (dead silence)
You gotta love a Santa with a sense of humor.
Unfortunately the grinchy people at the mall wouldn't let me take a picture of the kids with Santa with my own camera, but it was a cute moment nonetheless. Grayson asked for a Wii and Fuller for a PSP.

This past week may have been pretty miserable, but there were a couple of funny moments. Like Grayson building forts and then falling asleep in them.

Also, one afternoon I was laying down trying to catch up on some rest. Grayson came and asked if he could make waffles for he and Rowan in the toaster. I said sure that's fine. I listened and heard him get them out of the freezer and put them in the toaster. Then when they popped up I heard Grayson open up the refrigerator and say "Rowan do you want regular syrup or chocolate syrup?" Before he even could form words I could hear Rowan's feet dancing around the kitchen in excitement. I had to laugh about that one, then of course I had to be the mean mom and say no to the chocolate syrup option.

1 comment:

Shannon b said...

yay - I'm glad you were able to leave the house!
I love the chocolate syrup story. :)