Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Oh so very different

It has been clear to me since the time my boys were babies that they have very strong personalities. Their personalities are also very different from one another. Sometimes this is a good thing, and sometimes not so much. At times it seems like they are just one big clump of boy running haphazardly through our house, but then something will come up that highlights their differences. My mom had requested that the boys make her a Christmas list, so she would have some idea of what they are interested in when she goes shopping. Initially they all went through the toy ads from the paper and circled almost everything in them (except stuff on the "pink pages" of course!) So about a week later I told them they really needed to narrow it down and make a real list of things they actually wanted. Their approaches to this request were very interesting. Fuller, being the thoughtful, detail oriented person that he is, went straight to the internet and started a full on search for his perfect list. He listed them in great detail, and set up a system for prioritizing them. Grayson, being more of our "go with the flow" middle child, said he didn't want to make a list he just wanted to be surprised. I asked him if there was anything he would be disappointed to not get and he said No, he likes everything. Rowan, our wild and excitable one, remained hard to pin down. I tried looking at toy ads with him, but he just gets silly and says he wants EVERYTHING! It will be interesting to see if their reactions to their gifts are this different.

3 comments:

Candy said...

What a fun grandma to be so actively involved with your kids. You have told me stuff before and I want to be the kind of Grandma your mom is:)

Nicole said...

My boys are exactly the same way ... very different!! Austin is a very go with the flow, very mellow person. While Cameron is a spit fire kind of boy. I wonder how Andrew will be :)

Rochelle said...

It is so fun to watch their personalities (sometimes)! I have a feeling Thatcher will be a lot like Tyler and that frightens me...