Wednesday, November 7, 2007

He's the quiet one?

I have always thought of Rowan as my loudest child. As much as we have talked about it he still doesn't seem to understand the need to use an "inside" voice. In fact sometimes I wonder if he has an "inside" voice. So I was very surprised by a conversation that he and I had yesterday. I had some errands to run in town, and after we were done I took him out for lunch. While we were waiting for our food he said, "Mommy aren't you glad it's just you and me here and no big kids?" I said "yes, I like getting to spend time with just you too." Then he said, "I don't like it when Fuller and Grayson are with us, because they're just too loud all the time, and I just like to be quiet all the time." Very interesting!

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

lol. That is too funny. Payton is our loud child too. He seems to be unable to control the volume of his voice (speaking OR singing).

Aundrea said...

I'm just laughing at Shannon's comment, I thought Payton was so cute during the primary program. That's so funny about Rowan. We have a couple of loud kids too. I even had their hearing tested to make sure they weren't talking loud because they couldn't hear themselves:)

Paige said...

It must be the age. Joelle has no concept of indoor/outdoor voice, either. In church she will sit and HUM the entire sacrament meeting. She thinks she is being quiet!! I guess they learn eventually, right?

Jodi said...

Do you ever wish we could get inside our kid's heads so we really knew 'what in the world they are thinking?' That's too funny :)