Friday, February 13, 2009

A "LOVE"-ly Day

Today started out just wonderful. I can't remember a day when the boys have been so happy about going to school. Grayson and Rowan were practically giddy about all of the Valentine wonderfulness that awaited them. Visions on heart shaped cookies and boxes full of cards and candy were dancing in their heads. I sadly realized that this is Fuller's first year with no Valentine party. They're big kids now you know. His school was doing "Valentine grams" that the kid's could buy and send to one another. I asked him if he was going to send any, but he said he didn't have any money or girls he likes (thank goodness!) I offered to come to school and send him one, but he didn't seem to think that would be a good idea. I did get to come to his school and give some "love" in a different way though. His school had their awards assembly today, so I got to come clap for him as he received his award for making the Honor Roll, and for Mathematics achievement.

I really like how his school does their awards. His previous school just announced their name and the subject before handing out the award. The sixth grade teachers say something about the student they're awarding before they announce who it is. They also have this typed out on the back of the award. Fuller's math teacher said "This student never gives up! When I ask him to fix an assignment, he does it until he gets it right. And he keeps asking for help when he needs it. He does not procrastinate. He takes care of homework and assignments not only on time, but sometimes ahead of time. I appreciate his attention to detail and hard work ethic. It is a pleasure to have him in class. Congratulations to Fuller!" I am so proud of this kid!

Grayson and Rowan arrived home with all of their Valentine dreams fulfilled. They spent a LONG time looking their loot over and over.

And when Fuller arrived home he shared that he had gotten 2 Valentine grams. One was from his homeroom teacher, who sent one to all of the kids in her homeroom class. The other one is a mystery, and that's driving him a little bit crazy.

After thinking about it for awhile he said, "Well Mom, maybe I have a girlfriend I don't know about."

2 comments:

Tiffiny said...

I just love Fuller. We miss him in scouts. I hope he figures out if he has a girlfriend or not!

Adrienne said...

How proud you must be indeed! Tell Fuller that unfortunately girls are a mysterious species ... he might have quite a few girlfriends and not know it!