Monday, February 23, 2009

Sick Day


Grayson spent today recovering from a bout of the local "plague" that has been going around. His fever which had been 102 is gone, but the croupy cough persists. He pretty much spent the day snuggled up in his fort reading books and watching movies. I've been anxiously watching for signs that Fuller and Rowan are getting sick. The odds of them staying healthy are not too good. Fuller said they were down to 11 kids in his PE class last Friday, and today Rowan's class had 9 kids absent. Not good!

***UPDATE*** I guess I posted prematurely. Pretty much right after walking away from the computer I noticed Grayson was looking pretty wiped out. I took his temperature and he is back up to 101. I guess it's another fort day tomorrow.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

The same stuff is going through our house. I called to get Tyler's homework and his teacher said not to bother because so many are out ill, she can't move ahead at all.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, so sorry! We too just went through a battle with this relentless bug sweeping through our town. The boys missed quite a bit of school the week before last with fevers as high as 103-104 and it just wiped all of us out. I hope Grayson feels better soon, and that the rest of you somehow escape it!

Candy said...

It has hit here this week as well - not a fun thing I have decided - I hope he feels better soon and no one else gets it!

Tiffini said...

YUCK! I hope he feels better soon. Good luck keeping the rest of you healthy!