Monday, January 21, 2008

He's just so darn thoughtful!

I'm such a mean mom! There was no school today, and what did we do in celebration of Martin Luther King day? Did we play with friends? Have a meaningful history lesson? No, we cleaned out the toys in the boys' closets! YEAH! While I was going through Grayson's stuff he seemed to notice that the trash bag in my hand was getting quite full. But instead of complaining, this is what he said: "Mom you're working too hard, you should really go take a break. We don't want you getting too tired from all this hard work." Yeah right kid, nice try!

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

lol - well I was a mean mom today and MADE my kids go outside (they were not too thrilled).
Maybe giving them work on their "day off" will make them that more excited to go back to school tomorrow.

Aundrea said...

So funny! That always happens when I clean out the toys. The kids always come in and find some precious treasure they *can't* part with (that they haven't played with for two years) and put it back in the toy bin!

Marie said...

Boy- you've really got the cleaning out bug! I've been collecting quite a pile of stuff to get rid of myself - it feels good!

Jodi said...

I love his attempt at manipulation! Too funny :) It sounds like they did pretty good if you ended up with a whole bag full of stuff. Ben has a hard time parting with a broken Hot Wheel car. It's really pathetic.