Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nostalgia

Our two days last week where school started two hours late due to "weather", got me thinking about this picture of my Grandma that my dad recently emailed me. We have made many advancements in transportation in the last 90 years, but are certainly not as hardy as the folks who lived then. I love looking at this photo and thinking about what life was like for grandma back then. When this picture was taken she was about the age that Grayson is now. It's amazing to think about how the worlds that they grew up in are so different. I really think Grayson would like getting to ride to school in a sleigh like the one my Grandma rode in.

6 comments:

Shannon b said...

lol. That's true - I'm sure he would LOVE riding to school in a sleigh. With jingle bells of course.
What a GREAT photo -- such a treasure!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love looking back in time like that, Michelle. That picture is quite the gem. You should get one of those attached table frames and put this one on one side and a picture of Grayson on the other, maybe sitting in a sports car or something :) I always think about how much things have changed in the last 100 years, but I can't imagine how they could continue to change so drastically for our children and granchildren in the *next* 100 years. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Aundrea said...

That is such a cool photo! I love hearing stories from my grandparent's childhood days!

Nicole said...

Can you believe the things we have now days!? 1917 really isn't all that long ago.

Tiffini said...

There is something so magical about the idea of a sleigh. Of course, they were probably so very cold. I get cold just thinking about it...or maybe I am cold because it is only 25 degrees here today. BBBRRRR!

Jodi said...

What a treasure! I wish I could go back in time and hop on that sleigh with your grandma. Boy...how the times have changed!