Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Field Trip


Today was Rowan's field trip to the pumpkin patch. He was very excited and a little nervous. He has never ridden on a school bus, so I think he was worrying about that. I was just thankful that we had a beautiful sunny day, After the weather we've had lately I was sure we'd end up cold and wet.


The kids had a great time talking to the farmer, learning about corn and pumpkins, jumping on hay bales, and picking out their pumpkins. I had a group of three rowdy boys, but I'm used to that sort of thing.

All in all it was a successful trip, except for Rowan continually asking where the elephant ears are. I guess I know what he's liked about past trips to the pumpkin patch!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Looks like a perfect day for the pumpkin patch...you got lucky with the gorgeous weather!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had nice weather!

Tiffiny said...

It looks like he had a great time. Good for Rowan!

Candy said...

xrggiHow fun for him! I love this time of year and all the beautiful colos and the pumpkin patch is the right place to go to see all that!