Monday, October 13, 2008

Only 73 days until Christmas!

Every year I have these great plans for projects that I want to do for Christmas. In my head I plan out how I'll work on them all Summer and then when Fall hits I'll have a great stash of goodies all ready for Christmas. Well, it's only the middle of October, but I already know I'm not going to complete half of the things I intended to do. And of course I keep starting new projects that weren't even on the list. But sometimes that's a good thing. I recently found a blog of a very crafty lady in Australia, who gave me some great inspiration. This last week I made two of her art notebooks, which I'll be giving some of my younger nephews this year.
This is what they look like on the outside. One is pirate themed, and the other has bugs and frogs.


When you open them up they have a large pocket on one side with room for a drawing pad and coloring book, and the other side has individual pockets that you could put markers or colored pencils in.


Grayson and Rowan are a bit envious of the pirate one, so I guess I'll be making a couple more of those.

This was a quick and easy little project, and now I must get back to my list. Time's a wastin"!

***UPDATE*** The tutorial for this can be found at oneredrobin.com

9 comments:

Paige said...

Um, I think you need to post the link. I think I've seen them before, but I'm afraid I would never find it on my own.

Jill said...

You are so creative and talented. I'm very impressed. I wish some of it would rub off on me!

Jodi said...

Super cute Christmas gift idea. I love the little pockets for the crayons!

Lynn Boyle said...

I love those, how awesome... I always have plans to start making gifts in october.. i was sooo good in Eugene 6 years ago.. i canned and scrapbooked and made goodies.. i really hope someday i can find my niche and start again.. i miss it...

Rochelle said...

You are so crafty! I love reading about the projects your working on!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

HOLY SMOKES only 73 more days. I had better start making my list! Those are really cool artbooks. The pirate one is awesome.

Candy said...

I just made some cute crayone roll up things very similar to your art books. I love it! I to do not know if everything will get done but oh well, there is always next year!

Nicole said...

Those are so great! Man, we are getting so close to Christmas, where does the year go?

Shannon b said...

very cute! Boy, you're full of all kinds of productivity!