Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Productivity

Ever since Rowan started kindergarten I find that people often ask me what I'm doing with "all my free time". Those 2 and 1/2 hours of quiet are wonderful, but hardly time to do anything exciting. My boring answer would usually be grocery shop ALONE, or even more pathetically, fold laundry and watch "Law and Order" reruns. Occasionally however I branch out and actually do something more fun. Here are some of the fruits of my labors:
A newly red front door


Some new throw pillows for the living room


Two knit baby blankets


One pink apron for a bridal shower gift


And this weekend in a moment of weather induced madness I attempted to make some felt Christmas ornaments.

Still not sure if I like them or not.

10 comments:

Paige said...

Wow. Aren't you miss productive?? I like the ornaments. Very folk-y. And I love the red door. It cheers me up every morning. :)

Jodi said...

I absolutely love your new red door. It is such a nice pop of color!
I like the ornaments! You should definitely hang them on the tree this year.
And those pillows are so full of color. Love 'em. You are super talented, Michelle!

Candy said...

I always wonder what I will do as well next year after 27 years of children at home - I hope I stay as creative as you! I love it all - I have made a ton of aprons for a bazzaar and I am having so much fun!

Warmbeachjo said...

Love the red door. I've tried talking Forrest into a red door many times and he won't go for it.

Tiffini said...

Fun projects. I hope that I get a burst of energy when it is my turn to have some free time.

Tiffiny said...

Looks like you are plenty busy. Tell those people (me!) to leave you alone! I wish I had a talent like you. Maybe when my kids are all at school hiding in the bushes at recess;) I can discover something cool to do too!

suzanne said...

Felt ornaments, what a great idea! So wonderful to see the range of your creativity.

Anonymous said...

Wow, LOVE the door, LOVE the pillows and definitely LOVE the apron. All of it is great, you blow me away!

Marie said...

You've been busy! I want a red door - actually a dark red but I have to get rid of the mauve trim first!
I like the ornaments - maybe someone in RS will think that would be a fun project for us!

Shannon b said...

wow - I LOVE all your projectes! And that door looks great! I would be so intimidated to do something like that.