Thursday, October 16, 2008

Forty-one



In honor of Paul's forty first birthday, here are 41 things that I love about him:
(in no particular order)
1. He's a great Dad!
2. He's a sweet husband.
3. He cooks the most amazing Indian food.
4. He's a hard worker.
5. He gets a kick out of watching our kids play soccer.
6. He doesn't complain if dinner doesn't get cooked and the house is a mess.
7. He always has to go look when I tell him the kids have fallen asleep in cute or interesting positions.
8. He loves and cares about his parents.
9. And my parents.
10. He encourages me to take time for myself.
11. He laughs at my jokes.
12. He loves to read and exposes me to books and ideas I wouldn't otherwise encounter.
13. He has great taste in music (minus one or two things)
14. He "gets" our boys, and helps me get them too.
15. He loves his garden.
16. He call me twice a day from work just to say "hi"- (and has since Fuller was a baby and I was going stir crazy at home)
17. He lets me have the remote.
18. He always compliments me about things I've made.
19. He'd rather spend time with the kids than watch sports.
20. He lets the dog snuggle him, even though he'd rather not, because he knows how much Buster loves him.
21. He thinks I'm pretty.
22. He forgives people quickly
23. He can easily see the humor in most situations
24. He is generous.
25. He likes to dance with the kids- and has some smooth moves to teach them.
26. He knows how to have fun and act like a kid, especially when he's with his brother.
27. He's quick to see the good in people.
28. He likes going to the kids' school conferences and hearing about how they are doing.
29. He reminds me to "lighten up and enjoy the ride".
30. He lets me have the more comfortable air mattress when we go camping.
31. He can get along with pretty much anyone.
32. He likes spending time with nieces and nephews.
33. He's handsome!
34. He always really tries hard to get me the perfect gift.
35. He's handy around the house.
36. He thinks our kids are cute when their grumpy, and likes to mess with them.
37. He always sings the song "sisters" from the movie White Christmas when I'm on the phone with my sister
38. He wants us all to just be happy and healthy
39. He always shares his morning smoothie with Grayson (if he's up)
40. He remembers to take pictures of me.
41. We always know how much he loves and cares about us!

Happy Birthday Paul! I love you!

9 comments:

Paige said...

#42 - He's a great hometeacher.

I have to say that the thought of Paul singing "Sisters" made me giggle! He always seems so reserved it's hard to picture him dancing around singing!! Sounds like you got yourself a great guy!

Jodi said...

What a wonderful husband and father! Happy Birthday, Paul :)

Lynn Boyle said...

Your making me homesick for my hubby they sound alike in so many ways.. hope Paul has a great B-day....

Tiffiny said...

What a great guy, and what a lucky woman you are to have snagged him! I especially like #10.

Candy said...

#43 He's a great friend! Happy Birthday - What a cute post!

Tiffini said...

Hope Paul had a great birthday!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

That was very fun to read. Happy Birthday Paul.

Rochelle said...

Yep! You got a keeper! Happy Birthday Paul!

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a GREAT husband/daddy his is! Happy Birthday to him!!!