Saturday, December 13, 2008

Firsts

Last night while I was brushing Rowan's teeth he reached in his mouth and pulled out what looked like just a bunch of frothy toothpaste. He said "what's this?" I looked closer and realized that his tooth had fallen out! He just seems too little to start losing teeth! He was so excited! He couldn't wait to put it under his pillow. He was just so cute about it.....until he decided to come show me his tooth fairy money at 3:00 in the morning! Not so cute. Now every time I look at him he has this strange look on his face, as he keeps trying to feel the empty space with his tongue.


Grayson has been showing signs of aging too, his memory is so bad he has to make himself "to do" lists. Here's the one he made for today. I'm so glad that he put "be good" on the list, wouldn't want to forget that.

One last thing, I just have to share my best laugh of the week. A few days ago we arrived home after school to find a big box on our front porch. Grayson and Rowan were very excited, figuring it probably had Christmas presents in it. I saw that it was from Texas and knew immediately that it was from my Uncle Bob and Aunt Lady. I could see the little cogs turning in the boys' heads as they imagined all of the possibilities that the box could contain. We brought it inside, opened it up and saw this:

You would not have believed the looks of shock and disbelief on their faces. They just couldn't believe it. Then they got the giggles, and kept saying "someone mailed us a whole turkey!" Once he recovered Grayson said "we need to take a picture of that!" I guess it was just so unbelievable that he wanted photographic evidence. I owe a big thanks to my Aunt and Uncle for the delicious smoked turkey, and the great laugh!

5 comments:

Candy said...

Your boys are so darn cute! I love the "to do " list. Hayden keeps a clip board and it is quite comical sometimes the how busy she makes herself:) Love the turkey story also, I can just see them trying to figure out "why a turkey?" - Like I said just too cute!

Gina said...

Evan still hasn't lost any teeth. I guess one of these days he will. I'm sure you were quite surprised to open the box and find a turkey in there.

Rochelle said...

WOW! Loving the Turkey senders! Was it frozen, they must have figured no need to have it delivered via frozen container mail, it'd still be that way when you got it.
Very cool!
Congrats on the frothy toothpaste being a tooth worth some goods for the toothfariy

Shannon b said...

I love Grayson's to-do list! Maybe I should encourage Conner to do that too because he tends to be very forgetful.

Anonymous said...

I loved your turkey story! Too funny. And how exciting for Rowan's first lost tooth! Zach keeps telling me that some of his front teeth hurt, so I wonder if he is getting ready to lose some himself.