Friday, May 29, 2009

Absolutely Terrifying

We're back from our adventure to Great Wolf Lodge, and I have much to share, once I recover and get my pictures downloaded. But for now I just want to report that I rode the "Howlin' Tornado" and lived to tell about it. Of course I let the boys check it out first to make sure it was safe. Then they had to goad me into it by calling me a chicken and making bock-bock noises at me. This is what it looks like from the outside. That yellow tube on the left is the breathtaking drop you make into the big funnel. I think hearing me yell and seeing my terror was one of Paul's favorite parts of the trip.


Just to give you a little perspective on the scale of this water slide, this is how big it is inside the funnel. (I borrowed these pictures off of their website. My hands were much too firmly clenched onto the raft to have been able to take a picture.)

The boys all loved this ride, even Rowan. He had gone on it with Paul several times before I got up the nerve to try it. Then, I have to say I was a little freaked out at the thought of the boys on it. They're lucky I didn't go on it first, I probably never would have let them try it.

2 comments:

Shannon b said...

looks like a screaming good time!! :D We've talked about taking a little vacation up there. At least now I'll be prepared for the terror that is the Hownlin' Tornado.

Rochelle said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to hear more.