Friday, May 22, 2009

My secret shame

I have a confession to make. I never got rid of my Christmas tree this year. I just dragged it by the side of the house and left it there. Every time I would take the trash out I felt a little ashamed to look at it. So I pulled it further back out of sight. Today Paul and I are doing some serious yard cleaning up and taking the tree(and a bunch of other stuff) to the dump. After I thought most of the neighbors had left for work I dragged the sad dried up tree carcass around to load in the truck. The guy across the street came out and said "You saving that for next year?!" I chuckled a little, and turned red. Then he said "if I give you a couple of bucks can you take mine?" Nice to know I'm not the only slacker on the block. And, at least I got rid of it before Memorial Day.

5 comments:

Warmbeachjo said...

You'd be surprised how often ours sits in the backyard to spring break before it gets cut up and put in the yard waste bin.

Rochelle said...

You need to have a confession corner!!!

Lynn Boyle said...

that's classic and you would be surprised how many people save there trees.. LOL.. we save ours for the fire pit we do 1st non-rainy day in the culd-a-sac.. did you sign up for soccer yet?

Shannon b said...

LOL - that is too funny! Well you're obviously not alone. Another blog friend of mine just told of burning their Christmas tree and the smore's that followed. Hey, I've still got a giant ghost on my dining room window . . . . 7 months later!

Tiffini said...

We had someone dump their tree in the park...at least you are responsible with yours.