Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fuller's Outdoor School Report

I'm happy to report that Fuller made it home safe and sound, and loaded down with lots of stinky and wet laundry yesterday. He said it was the "THE BEST WEEK OF HIS LIFE!" He really wanted to stay another week. He said the food was good (except for the Hawaiian meatballs), the field study was interesting, and he had a great time with his friends. I sent him with a disposable camera to document his week for me.

Getting his luggage bagged, tagged and ready to put on the bus.


These are the guys that Fuller was in a cabin with, and their brave counselor. Apparently they had to be threatened with extra chores a little bit at night to get them to go to sleep. Judging by how tired Fuller is I think it was three pretty late nights.


This is the pond where they had pond study and did critter catching. He said they had pond study on the rainiest day they were there, so it wasn't very fun.

They spent lots of time at field study. Fuller talked like it was really interesting, but looks a little tired or something in this picture. I had made a deal with Fuller that I would buy a disposable camera for him to take to camp, but he had to be in at least 3 of the pictures. I guess this was fulfilling that obligation.

He said that during soil study he got to get a mud mask put on. I wish he would have had someone take a picture of that.

There was lots of stinging nettle, but since they were covered in head to toe rain gear most of the time it wasn't really an issue.

As hard as it was for me to have him gone, I'm glad that he got to have this experience. He now has fond memories of Trickle Creek, and his days in Aspen cabin.

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

yay! I'm glad the week was a success! I would've loved to see a mud mask picture too!

Gina said...

Tyler love outdoor school too. I'm glad he made it home safe and had a good time.

Tiffini said...

I loved outdoor school when I was in school. I am glad he enjoyed it too!

Jodi said...

I'm glad he enjoyed his week. What a fun adventure...one he will always remember. AND I'm glad you survived the week without your boy. I know that must have been a really LONG, rough week for you.