Thursday, June 14, 2007

End of the year

It's been such a weird day today! I have been totally tearing up all day, just can't stand to see the kids getting so big. It started this morning when I dropped Grayson off at kindergarten. Watching him run in with his friends, I just couldn't believe the year was over. He suddenly seems so much older, and not so much my little boy. He's much more independent and confident. I am so thankful for the teacher that he had this year. She is a real gem, and we will miss her next year! Grayson got to celebrate his birthday early (at school anyway). His teacher had a special party yesterday for all of the kids with summer birthdays. He was very excited about this birthday crown, but not so much about my taking his picture.

Fuller finished out 4th grade in style. I was honored to be at his school's end of the year assembly today and see him get his "explorer award". I ran into his 3rd grade teacher while I was there, and he was impressed. He said that award isn't easy to get, so Fuller must have worked really hard. It was so cute to watch him up there smiling, holding his award. I also got to see the school slide show, which oddly enough had 5 pictures of Fuller in it. This kid must really be a camera hog, since there are more than 300 4th graders. At the end of the assembly they had a really touching tribute to the principal, who is retiring. He has been there since 1984, and is a really dedicated man. One of Fuller's fun memories of this year was beating him at 4 square. He is well known for playing 4 square with the kids and giving anyone who can get him out an IOU for a cookie, which can be redeemed any Friday. I so love people who devote themselves to education!

After school I took the boys to our favorite local ice cream place to celebrate the start of Summer. Sure hope it's a good one!


And one last thing- already in the summer spirit, Rowan had lots of fun in our local creek while we were at the park with friends yesterday. I swear this kid has a magnetic attraction to mud!

1 comment:

Warmbeachjo said...

I'm so jealous. We have 4 1/2 days left. I curse those 4 snow days we had. Today was supposed to be our last day. AARRRGGGHHH!