Thursday, June 28, 2007

This is too cool!

I am just tickled pink with felting! It is truly like magic! You knit this huge blobby looking thing, wash it in warm water, and voila! Big thanks to cousin Suzanne for the felt book recommendation, and inspiring pics of her own felting magic! So far I have made a beautiful pumpkin colored hat (if only it weren't June so I could wear it) and a pair of bright pink slippers. Now I just have to figure out what to make next. This makes regular knitted items seem so boring to me now. My only real problem is that I have a front loading washing machine, so I have to either drive an hour to my folks house and use theirs, or hand felt it. So far I have been too impatient to make the drive and have just been hand felting. Hope everyone likes the idea of something felted coming their way at Christmas.










1 comment:

suzanne said...

Wow, the slippers and cloche are fabulous! Great colors. I gotta do slippers next...