Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Shhhh.....it's a secret

Yesterday Fuller brought home an envelope ominously addressed "To the Parents of Fuller ________". The letter reads as follows... "Dear Parents, Congratulations! Your son has been selected by his teacher to be recognized for outstanding achievement during the entire year. The recognition is called the Explorer Award. He will receive a certificate at our end of the year awards assembly on June 14th. We prefer to keep our recognition of student achievement a surprise. Therefore, please do not tell your student." It concludes with information on when and where to come for the assembly. I am so proud of this kid! He is going to be really excited. He has been telling me about this award, and how each teacher gets to pick the best 2 students of the whole year. He has really been hoping to get picked. I am so thankful that my children choose to show the best parts of themselves at school (even if that means we get all the other parts at home.)


My poor Rowan! I don't know if you can see the bruise very well in this picture, but he's got a huge bruise on his cheekbone from where he and one of the neighbor kids bonked heads yesterday. OUCH!






One last thing, I just wanted to share this cute baby sweater and socks I just finished for my friend Tiffini's baby shower. The purple is actually prettier than it looks in the picture. This was so fun to make for her, since she is finally having a ! (she already has 3 boys.)

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Great news about Fuller! While I don't know any other students at his school, it's obvious that he deserves the award. :) And beautiful crafting on the baby set!